Hosted by the Midwest Lionhead Rabbit Club
Amana, Iowa April 17th, 2021 Amana, Iowa
Amana RV Park and Event Center.
Currently we are planning 5 total shows.
A lionhead specialty show will be held on Friday, April 16th
The national show and all that goes with it will be held on Saturday, April 17th
2 all-breed shows held by the Cedar Rapids Rabbit Breeders Association
Another lionhead specialty will be held on Sunday, April 18th
Lionhead shows will be held in a sperate building from the all-breed show and judges will come to this building for the all-breed show.
Currently we do not have cooping available.
Saturday evening after all shows have finished there will be an awards banquet
at the Ox Yoke Inn in Amana.
More events and fun are being planned for the weekend as well.
Spaces for camping can be reserved at the Amana RV Park near the show building.
Several hotel rooms are being reserved in the area.
More info on this to come.
The pandemic has made putting this show together challenging.
More information will be made to you via the NALRC Facebook page and a Facebook page dedicated to the 2021 Lionhead National show as well.
Questions like fees, hotel information, how to enter show, nearest airports, Etc. will be answered there.
Hope to see everyone and all those beautiful Lionheads in April!
Midwest Lionhead Rabbit Club
2020 National Show Committee
Show Committee Chairperson:
Show Awards Chairperson:
Club Dinner Chairperson:
JoAnne Statler Memorial Award Guidelines
This class is a prestigious award given each year at our National Show. This award is in honor of JoAnne Statler, who is given credit for importing the Lionheads into the United States in 2000. It is a real honor to win this award for consistency in quality.
Entry Fee is $10.00
It is judged on the overall quality of FOUR Lionheads, sired or produced by a single Lionhead buck or doe.
JO ANNE STATLER MEMORIAL BREEDERS CLASS RULES::
1) Entries must be included on exhibitor's NALRC entry form.
2) One Statler entry may be made per person.
3) The class of four animals is considered a single entry made in the name of the sire or dam nominated.
4) The entry designates by name a single Lionhead buck or doe.
5) All animals entered in this class need to be 3 generation pure bred Lionheads.
6) To be judged on the over all breed quality and consistency of four Lionheads.
7) The four Lionheads can be either sex, or any age - juniors or seniors.
8) The four animals can be of any variety that is eligible to compete for BOB or any variety that is of a COD variety on file with ARBA.
9) All four Lionheads MUST be entered in a regular breed class and be determined to be free of any ARBA general disqualification. Breed specific DQs, such as a lack of separation, are allowable, although the judge will be advised to take these into consideration when evaluating class placements. Any animal having been found to have a general disqualification in the regular show will be ineligible to compete in the Statler class. Substitutions of DQed animals will be allowed as long as the new animal has also been entered in the regular show, is free of any general DQ, and has available a supporting pedigree proving its lineage to the entry.
10) The four Lionheads do not need to be owned by the person making the entry, BUT permission must be given by the current owner to use an animal in the competition.
11) A rabbit can only be used to represent one of its parents in a given year.
12) The dam or sire do not have to be present and are not considered part of the class.
13) Pedigrees must be supplied at check in for all 4 Lionheads showing same dam or sire.
14) Exhibitors are in charge of getting their own entries on and off the table for the Statler Class.
Hosted by Portage County RCBA
It is important to READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY so you are in the "know."
Top 5 things to Remember from this list.
#1 All varieties are accepted for the Exhibition show.
#2. There is ONE Exhibition show. Open and Youth will show together.
#3. All exhibitors must bring their own risers for their National show entries.
#4. Exhibitors may bring sale animals and not pay an entry fee. All animals not entered in the National Show will stay in your carriers.
#5. All entries must be verified for the National Show by 10:00 p.m. with the Show Secretary. All changes must be completed by then. Showroom closes for the evening promptly at 11:00 p.m. on Friday evening. Cooping must be completed by 11:00 p.m.
Spring Fundraising Auction
All proceeds will benefit the running of the NALRC National show
LIVE AUCTION RULES:
A huge thank you to all our generous donors that donated to help offset the expense of putting on a quality National Show! We couldn�t do this without you and appreciate your generosity!
There is a minimum bid of $25 on each rabbit. This is a 50/50 auction with 50% of the proceeds going to the donor and 50% of the proceeds going to the PNWLRC, unless otherwise noted. Donors may choose to offer their donations a s 100% donation to the PNWLC.
All animals must be paid for immediately following the conclusion of the auction. Animals not paid in full within 10 hours of the close of auction, will be offered to the next highest bidder. Please do not bid if you will not follow through with payment. No withdrawing of bids, so please be courteous by not placing bids if you do not intend to follow through. Payments can be made via paypal to PNWLRC@yahoo.com
Please read descriptions carefully to see whether transport to Reno, Nevada, is available and whether it is paid by the buyer or the seller. Cooping and care at the National Show is the responsibility of the buyer unless otherwise noted in the description. Transport from Nationals is the responsibility of the buyer, if not picking them up personally at the show.
The auction will start Friday, April 13, 2018, at 7p.m. Pacific Daylight Time and run through Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 7p.m. Pacific Daylight time.
To ensure fairness to all, we will be doing a race horse style bidding. When the time expires, all lots will be considered sold with Extended Bidding to follow. The time will be extended in 3 minutes intervals until there has been no bidding for a 3 minute period. The auction will officially end 3 minutes after the last bid is placed. This means the auction will not be declared �closed� until there have been three minutes of inactivity on the auction bidding.
For example: Auction closed at 7:00pm and there are 3 bids placed at 6:59p.m. The auction is now extended until 7:02pm. Another bid comes in at 7:01pm, the auction is now extended until 7:04pm. There are no further bids, auction ends at 7:04p.m.
If you have questions about this style of bidding, please be sure to ask one of the auction moderators BEFORE bidding.
We thank everyone who is considering bidding on the beautiful animals being donated for this event. Happy bidding and thank you for supporting the 2018 National Show.
Faults: A mane that lacks density or balance; wool that is too cottony or prone
to felting on seniors.
Disqualifications from Competition:
*Lack of any mane, or a mane that is of such poor quality that it shows open
areas with no wool.
*Mane that is less than 2 inches in length.
*Transition Wool longer than 1 inch on the face below the wool cap
Note: Only the quality of the wool of the mane is used when judging Lionhead
wool. The quality of the transition wool, found on the lower sides and rump, is
never taken into consideration.
Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know.
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.
NALRC will accept bids for clubs to host their National Show beginning with the 2016 show year. Bids are to be submitted to the NALRC Secretary prior to October 1 and at least one and half years preceding the show date, using the guidelines as set forth below. Bids should be submitted using the official Bids Form found on our forms page.
Guidelines Governing the Bidding and Awarding of the NALRC National Show
Found on our forms page.
TRANSPORTATION AND LODGING
The NALRC National Show is not required to be a Cooped Show, however, should more than one bid be received, a strong preference will be given to the show offering cooping.
DATE AND DAY OF SHOW
Copyright © 2019 North American Lionhead Rabbit Club - All Rights Reserved.